HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Nottingham Maintenance Ltd considers that nothing is so important that it cannot be done safely.
The maintenance or improvement of the health and safety of our employees and anyone else affected by our activities is fundamental to our
success. We believe there is never any conflict between the company’s long-term success and our obligation to keep employees and member
of the public safe.
Nottingham Maintenance Ltd policy is to create an environment in which all those effected by our operations remain safe and healthy. We
- Manage all our risks
- Adopt best practice
- Ensure all employees are competent to undertake their jobs safely
- Consult with employees to ensure they understand how to keep themselves and others safe
We are committed to continuously improving our health and safety performance and we strive to eliminate all accidents from our business.
We will ensure that there is an appropriate health and safety management system, which defines our organisational arrangements, specifies
our controls and sets out our means of measuring and reviewing performance. We will set realistic health and safety objectives and we will
comply with health and safety legislations as a minimum standard.
The implementations of our health and safety management system are a management responsibility and rely upon the competence,
cooperation and commitment of all employees.
We will therefore:
- Actively involve our employees and subcontractors in developing and sustaining a positive health and safety culture which demonstrates strong leadership and commitment
- Develop the necessary competencies in our own staff through the provision of information, training, instruction and supervision as required to enable them to discharge their responsibilities safely and without risk to health
- Establish effective organisational communication, cooperation and control arrangements with documented procedures and guidance where appropriate.
- Seek employee participation and views on health and safety matters through the use of appropriate consultative mechanisms
We will also confirm the presence of these arrangements to our supply chain partners.
The Managing Director, who has overall responsibility for this policy, will ensure the provision of adequate resources for its implementation
and will regularly assess its effectiveness in securing continuing improvement in the company’s health and safety performance.
The policy will be brought to the attention of all employees and persons working on behalf of the company and reviewed at least annually.
It will also be freely available to the public on request.